Friday, September 12, 2014

First Week of Classes and Mid-Autumn Festival

My teaching schedule...luckily another teacher is coming next week to take one of my preps. 


Two of my classes have 40+ students. :( I gave them a pre-assessment test and it has taken me far too long to grade. 


Last week was teachers day so each of the classes got us a gift


And we had monday off for mid-autumn festival, a tradition where families get together and admire the full moon and eat mooncakes.


One of the local bars had a mooncake tasting party (theyre kind of like the fruitcake of holiday food)


The inside is usually red bean or lotus paste. sometimes there is fruit paste and nuts inside....but the one above is a chocolate pastry with beef inside. 







1 comment:

  1. Chocolate- my favorite- but n your pic looks ....well- did you like any of them? I am not a fan of fruitcake.....

    ReplyDelete